- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale and Charlotte Le Bon are in negotiations to join Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the Robert Zemeckis adaptation of high-wire walker Philippe Petit’s memoir, To Reach the Clouds.
Petit is the Frenchman who gained worldwide notoriety when he walked between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center on Aug. 7, 1974. His feat was later recounted in the Oscar-winning 2008 documentary Man on Wire.
Gordon-Levitt is portraying Petit in the dramatization for TriStar, which is eyeing a summer shoot in Montreal.
Dale will play Petit’s friend while Kingsley will play Petit’s mentor and Le Bon will play Petit’s girlfriend, a street singer.
Kingsley was recently seen in Ender’s Game and is part of the cast of Ridley Scott’s Moses tale, Exodus.
Badge Dale has notched several recent appearances in major movies such as World War Z and The Lone Ranger, and is attached to star in Legendary’s supernatural action movie Spectral.
Le Bon is a French actress who co-stars in the biopic Yves Saint Laurent and will make her American feature debut in DreamWorks’ drama The Hundred-Foot Journey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day