- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Wheatley, the hot Brit director behind recent A24 release Free Fire, plus High-Rise, Sightseers and Kill List, has revealed that he has started shooting a new project.
Via his Instagram account, Wheatley announced that he was in production on his first film of 2018, one that comes with the working title of Colin You Anus. He later stated that it was just an 11-day shoot.
The Hollywood Reporter understands that whatever Colin You Anus is, it isn’t Freakshift, his upcoming sci-fi thriller that has already cast Alicia Vikander, Armie Hammer and Sasha Lane. Work on the film — written by Wheatley and his partner Amy Jump and telling the story of squads of lawbreakers and misfits who go on the hunt for lethal nocturnal monsters — appears to have simmered since Lane was announced in Cannes last year.
Wheatley’s last feature, Free Fire, an explosive hard-boiled action-comedy set in a warehouse and starring Hammer, Brie Larson, Cillian Murphy, Sharlto Copley, Babou Ceesay and Jack Reynor, closed the London Film Festival in 2016 after premiering in Toronto.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day