- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Work from home? Not Bert Fields. The iconic legal eagle has bucked the remote work trend that set in throughout the industry once the COVID-19 pandemic put a stranglehold on offices in March.
Fields, at 91, remains committed to going into Greenberg Glusker’s Century City offices, where he apparently has been the only one. Fields confirmed by email to THR, writing simply: “It’s true. I can be more efficient in the office.” Asked in a follow-up whether he received the vaccine, he says: “Not yet. I’m awaiting my turn on principle.”
Fields’ tireless work ethic is detailed in his 2020 tome, Summing Up: A Professional Memoir, which tracks his career and notable client list that has included The Beatles, Warren Beatty, Tom Cruise, Dustin Hoffman, Madonna and Donald Trump (whom he fired as a client).
This story first appeared in the Feb. 3 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day