- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Best Man Holiday helmer Malcolm D. Lee has signed on to direct Girls Trip for Universal.
William Packer (Ride Along, Think Like a Man) will produce the pic via his Will Packer Productions banner. Details of the film are currently being kept under wraps, but production is expected to begin this summer.
STORY: ‘Best Man Holiday’ Cast Reveals Favorite Holiday Traditions at Premiere
Lee’s The Best Man Holiday was a strong hit for Universal. The sequel, which came out more than a decade after The Best Man (which Lee also directed), opened in mid-November to $30.1 million. It’s grossed more than $71 million to date. Lee is repped by Resolution Agency and Del Shaw.
Packer has produced a slew of Kevin Hart-starring films that have had strong performances at the box office. His most recent films include Ride Along and About Last Night, both currently in theaters. He’s repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day