- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With just five days to go, this year’s BET Awards is adding more names to its performer lineup.
The latest additions include Mary J. Blige, A$AP Rocky, French Montana, Gucci Mane, Maxwell, Swae Lee, SZA, Xscape, Khalid, El DeBarge and Kamasi Washington. They join such previously announced hitmakers as Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, DJ Khaled, Migos, Future and Tamar Braxton.
Concurrently, Remy Ma, Irv Gotti and the cast of the forthcoming movie Detroit (Algee Smith, Jason Mitchell, Laz Alonso and Jacob Latimore) have signed on as presenters. They will be sharing those duties with Yara Shahidi, Issa Rae, Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah, Jamie Foxx and Demetrius Shipp Jr., among others.
Beyonce leads with seven nominations, followed by Bruno Mars with five and Solange, Chance the Rapper and Migos with four noms apiece. Receiving special tributes that evening will be Chance the Rapper (humanitarian award) and New Edition (lifetime achievement award).
Comedian Leslie Jones is set to host the BET Awards for the first time. BET Networks will air the show live on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day