- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No one is more excited to see the upcoming TV revival of Beaches than Bette Midler.
In the 1988 feature film, the actress played the iconic role of CC Bloom, an aspiring singer who meets Hillary (Barbara Hershey) as a kid on the Venice boardwalk. The pair’s lifelong friendship is chronicled over decades in the beloved tearjerker, which was directed by the late Garry Marshall.
Now, Lifetime is set to remake the classic as a TV movie, with Idina Menzel stepping into the role of CC.
“Can’t wait to see Idina Menzel as CC in Lifetime’s ‘Beaches!’” Midler tweeted on Tuesday night, adding: “DON’T TELL ME THE ENDING!”
Can’t wait to see Idina Menzel as CC in Lifetime’s “Beaches!” DON’T
TELL ME THE ENDING!
— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) August 3, 2016
The remake was announced one week after Marshall’s death, with production set to begin Aug. 15 in Vancouver.
The movie’s music — including “Wind Beneath My Wings,” which earned record and song of the year honors at the 1990 Grammys — will be updated with new takes from Menzel.
Casting is underway for the role of Hillary.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day