- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
William Sadler and Frankie Faison are also boarding the film, with Nicolas Pesce (The Eyes of My Mother) set to direct the new adaptation of the blockbuster supernatural thriller for Sam Raimi’s Ghost House and Good Universe.
Gilpin had a breakthrough role on Showtime’s Nurse Jackie before joining Netflix’s GLOW alongside Alison Brie. Weaver, meanwhile, is playing Melissa McCarthy’s mom in the upcoming college comedy Life of the Party and currently stars on the Australian TV series Secret City.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has worldwide rights to the Grudge reboot. SPWA, Ghost House and Good Universe last worked together on 2016’s Don’t Breathe.
Raimi and Rob Tapert will produce for Ghost House, with Nathan Kahane and Erin Westerman executive producing for Good Universe, alongside Schuyler Weiss, Roy Lee and Doug Davison. Romel Adam will oversee production for Ghost House, and Brady Fujikawa will oversee for Good Universe.
Weaver is repped by ICM and Elevate Entertainment; Gilpin is with ICM and Anonymous Content; Sadler is repped by INSURGE; and Faison is with Vanguard Management Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day