- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Production is already (and secretly) underway on a feature version of the popular and barb-filled show that hails from Funny or Die.
Scott Aukerman, who directed many of the series’ segments and co-created the program, is helming the movie that once again sees Galifianakis as the inappropriate host of a low-budget talk show. Galifianakis plays a broad version of himself and has conducted often awkward and uncomfortable interviews with celebrity guests such as Justin Bieber, Jon Hamm and Brad Pitt.
The format looks to continue in some form as an all-star lineup has shot, or is slated to shoot, appearances. Peter Dinklage, David Letterman, Keanu Reeves and Galifianakis’ Hangover cohorts Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper are on the docket, according to sources.
Two Ferns appeared sporadically but consistently on Funny or Die between 2008 and 2014. It returned in 2016 with an edition that featured then presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, which was viewed more than 30 million times in 24 hours. Two Ferns returned again in 2018 with a segment guest-starring Jerry Seinfeld and Cardi B.
Galifianakis is repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day