- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney released a new trailer for The BFG that puts the spotlight on Mark Rylance’s character, the titular Big Friendly Giant.
The BFG is based on the popular novel by Roald Dahl, which centers on a young London girl named Sophie (newcomer Ruby Barnhill) and the mysterious giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country.
The second trailer for the movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, also ramps up the action from the first trailer.
Bill Hader, Jemaine Clement, Michael David Adamthwaite, Daniel Bacon, Chris Gibbs, Adam Godley, Jonathan Holmes, Paul Moniz de Sa and Olafur Olafsson also star.
Penelope Wilton will play the Queen of England, and Rebecca Hall will star as Mary, the Queen’s maid.
Wrote The Hollywood Reporter chief film critic Todd McCarthy in his review of the movie, which recently made its debut at the Cannes Film Festival: “Dahl’s source material seems an almost too-perfect fit for the director in that it centers on a child, in this case Sophie, whose only solace in her orphanage-bound life is reading.”
The Disney/Amblin/Reliance production in association with Walden Media will open in U.S. theaters July 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day