- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There may be more of Bill and Ted’s adventures coming your way soon.
Alex Winter, one-half of the “Bill & Ted” duo, confirmed in an interview with MTV that a third film is currently in development.
“We kicked around the idea over the years and had always thought if we could make something that was kind of genuine in spirit as the originals and without falling prey to kind of retro cynicism or something that was unnecessary, it would be worth doing,” Winter said.
He adds, “Now that the cat’s out of the bag, and the truth is that, yeah, we have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great.”
Co-star Keanu Reeves, who expressed interest in returning to reprise his role as Ted, has not officially signed on, but Winter did reveal his hopes for the new movie.
“We don’t want to make a cynical ‘here’s Bill and Ted — you guys are our kids, now YOU guys go be Bill and Ted and the franchise can live for another 25 years!,” Winter said. “It’s not that. It’s a straight up, what’s the funniest and most surprising take on where Bill and Ted would be right now if we stopped back in on them?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day