- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Bellamy, Jon Lovitz, Vivica A. Fox, Gary Busey and Keshia Knight Pulliam are among the stars cast in Mr. Box Office, a new first run situation comedy from Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios due to launch in syndication this fall.
Mr. Box Office is one of two situation comedies that Allen has green lit for 104 episodes each, marking his company’s first foray into scripted comedy programming. Entertainment Studios has over two dozen shows on the air, but they have all been non-fiction or reality programs until now.
The other sitcom is First Family, which announced its cast in late March. Most of Entertainment Studios shows air first in syndication and then later also run on one of the company’s half dozen HD channels which get cable, Telco or satellite distribution.
Mr. Box Office, which just wrapped its pilot episode, is about a major movie star who is sentenced to community service at an inner city high school in South Central Los Angeles.
The cast also includes Rick Fox, Tim Meadows, Tony T. Roberts, Alex Thomas, Jeff Garcia, Marcus Paulk, Giovonnie Samuels, Tequan Richmond, Giselle Bonilla, Davi Santos, Nick Nervies, Erin Westbrook and Clifton Davis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day