- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The premium cable network has renewed his political talk show, Real Time With Bill Maher, for two more seasons, a likelihood first reported in The Hollywood Reporter’s March cover story. The three-year deal with the network will keep Maher’s show on the air through 2014.
“Bill Maher’s irreverent wit and fearless insights make him the perfect observer for these unpredictable times,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “I’m delighted that we can continue to offer an uncensored forum for his original and thoughtful humor.”
The news comes as the political season heats up, allowing Maher to continue to stir the pot with his often unfiltered interviews and highly quotable commentary. Thus far this season, his Friday night series has been watched by 4.1 million viewers weekly, his highest viewership gross in three years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day