- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The musical biopic will be based on an article by Steven Kurutz about the real-life story of musical duo Donnie and Joe Emerson, whose family leveraged their farm in the 1970s to produce the brothers’ record Dreamin’ Wild. The album languished until it was rediscovered nearly 30 years after its release, creating an unexpected music career for the Emerson brothers.
No word on casting for Dreamin’ Wild. Pohlad most recently directed the 2014 feature Love & Mercy, a portrait of Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys that marked his feature directorial debut. His movie producing credits include 12 Years a Slave, The Tree of Life and Into the Wild.
Pohlad also executive produced Brokeback Mountain and the documentary Food, Inc. Steven Snyder will oversee production for Innisfree Pictures and Josh McLaughlin will oversee for Focus Features.
Pohlad is represented by CAA and Kaplan Perrone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day