- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prepare to see Johnny Depp as a mean, murdering Whitey Bulger in the first-look trailer for Black Mass, the upcoming crime drama from Warner Bros. and Cross Creek Pictures.
Depp dishes out the fear in an extended scene where he plays the South Boston criminal mastermind who was sentenced last year to two consecutive life terms plus five years after being found guilty on 31 counts of racketeering, money laundering, extortion and weapons charges.
The cast also includes Joel Edgerton as FBI agent John Connolly and Benedict Cumberbatch as Whitey’s brother Bill. Also starring in the film are Dakota Johnson, Kevin Bacon, Juno Temple and Jesse Plemons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Patrick Stump on AI Chatbot Fall Out Boy Lyrics: “You’re Consuming Art That Has No Expression Behind It”
Why Barack Obama Dined With Michael B. Jordan, Regina King, the Daniels and More in Brentwood
U.S. Army to Run Repurposed ‘Be All You Can Be’ Ads Without Actor Jonathan Majors During NCAA Final Four