- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 30-second spot was directed by Drive‘s Nicolas Winding Refn, who, right now, may be one of the hottest directors in the world. (Plus, he’s Ryan Gosling‘s go-to guy.)
Lively shows off her figure in a tight gold gown, while her hair sparkles and she wears such subtle makeup that she appears to have been dipped in golden light for the ad. Whoever styled this commercial should be working with her all the time — she’s never looked so amazing.
Gucci Premiere is also the name of Gucci’s couture line of gowns and dresses, which Salma Hayek debuted at the Cannes Film Festival two years ago. Obviously, Blake’s gold gown — and a black gown she also wears in the commercial — are both by Gucci Premiere. Both designs are sleek and body conscious, combining modern style with Old Hollywood.
The commercial is like a little piece of art (with spectacular lighting). Blake does a slinky runway walk toward the camera in the tight, molten gold gown, and we have to say, it is quite reminiscent of Charlize Theron‘s tall blonde strut in the J’adore Dior perfume commercials.
Gucci will show some of the footage Lively shot with Refn for the campaign at the Venice Film Festival, but in the meantime, this commercial is now available on YouTube. Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day