- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When country singer Blake Shelton takes the stage Sunday to co-host the Academy of Country Music Awards with Reba McEntire, it may be smart to keep a close eye on him.
Miranda Lambert, Shelton’s fiancee, told the Associated Press, “He’s so quick and good at ad-libbing — probably too good at ad-libbing. My advice to CBS was a three-second delay, ’cause you never know what’s going to come out of his mouth.”
Shelton, who is also a musician coach on NBC’s upcoming series The Voice, said that he was going to try to stick to the script — but, he couldn’t make any promises. He has a few words in mind that could make it past the censors.
“If I don’t get fired, then I haven’t done my job,” he joked.
He also mentioned that McEntire, a close friend, doesn’t find his antics humorous.
“If you can never imagine what Reba would look like if she threw up in her mouth a little bit, the look that would be on her face, that will be the look on her face whenever I’m telling my jokes out there,” he said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day