- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Watson goes bad in the new trailer for The Bling Ring, the true-to-life film about celebrity-obsessed teens who famously robbed the homes of Hollywood stars from 2008 through 2009.
The frenetic trailer shows Nicki (Watson) and Marc (Israel Broussard) hatch a plan for being like their favorite stars. What better way to emulate them than to have their stuff?
The gang breaks into Paris Hilton’s home while she’s out of town and discover a room full of pillows sporting the socialite’s face, as well as another room dedicated to shoes. Things escalate. There are more robberies and at one point, even talk of stealing a star’s dog. But things aren’t all fun and games as the teens face a police manhunt and negative media coverage.
The film from writer-director Sofia Coppola also stars Katie Chang and Taissa Farmiga. It’s slated to premiere out of competition at Cannes during the festival’s Un Certain Regard portion.
It opens theatrically June 14. Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day