- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne’s new production company now has a unique name and has staffed up.
Shaye and Lynne unveiled Unique Pictures as the new name of their shingle, which recently signed a three-year, first-look deal with Warners as part of the duo’s compensation for losing the reins of New Line, the company they founded.
No projects were announced, though the company’s aim is to make two or three movies a year across a wide range of genres and budgets, with Warners handling marketing and distribution.
“This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter for us,” Lynne said. “We’ve learned a few things over the years, and we’re looking forward to applying our experience to creating a new and different independent film company.”
Longtime New Line exec Mark Kaufman, who oversaw such films as “Hairpsray” and the upcoming “4 Christmases,” will help run the company. Also joining the company are with Jonna Smith, Alexandra Loewy, Leah Holzer and Christina Delgado.
Unique will occupy offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day