- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — Bollywood channel UTV Movies will launch on the U.K.’s Sky platform on Dec. 12 offering Hindi movies with English subtitles.
UTV Movies – owned by leading media group UTV, of which the Walt Disney Co. recently acquired a majority stake – has a library of over 400 titles including recent blockbusters such as Guzaarish, No One Killed Jessica, Tees Maar Khan, Tere Bin Laden and Kartik Calling Kartik.
Advertising representation for the channel in the U.K. will be handled by Sky Media. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for us to add UTV Movies India to our portfolio of channels; it adds a new dimension to our offering for advertisers and great content for a growing and important audience,” said Sky Media operations director Richard Hawking.
“With the launch of UTV Movies India in the U.K. we further expand our international footprint. The U.K. is a vital market for us as it has a large South Asian diaspora who are avid Bollywood movie lovers,” added UTV Broadcasting CEO M K Anand.
UTV Movies is already available in Canada, the U.S. and other territories in Asia and the Middle East.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade