- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bonnie Franklin, best known for her starring role on the 1975-84 hit comedy One Day at a Time, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
A family spokesman told USA Today that Franklin is undergoing treatment.
Franklin played divorced mom Ann Romano on the sitcom, which ran for nine seasons on CBS. The cast also included Valerie Bertinelli, Mackenzie Phillips and Pat Harrington Jr. She was nominated for an Emmy and two Golden Globes for her role.
Franklin also reunited with Bertinelli last year for a guest-star appearance on the latter’s TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland, playing the mother of Bertinelli’s character’s boyfriend.
Most recently, she has been appearing on CBS’ daytime drama The Young and the Restless, playing Sister Celeste, a nun who helps out Victor Newman (Eric Braeden). According to USA Today, her final appearance on Y&R aired Monday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day