- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
With the release of Jorge Gutierrez‘s animated romantic comedy The Book of Life, fashion retailer Hot Topic is debuting a capsule collection based on the movie’s colorful art and whimsical graphics.
The eight-piece, limited-edition line — inspired by the film’s theme of the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) — includes a button cardigan embroidered with sugar skulls (a signature item used to celebrate the holiday), an off-the-shoulder frock with embellished florals and a hip-hugging ruffled red dress. The collection, in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products, will be available at Hot Topic stores and HotTopic.com on Sept. 15 with a presale online beginning Aug. 26, and is priced between $29.50 and $49.50.
Produced by Guillermo del Toro, The Book of Life follows a young man named Manolo (voiced by Diego Luna) who is torn between fulfilling his family’s expectations and following his heart. The voice cast also stars Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum, Danny Trejo, Ice Cube and Christina Applegate, among others.
Catch the film when it releases in theaters on Oct. 17. And don’t forget to dress up for the occasion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day