- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has granted a put pilot commitment to 1600 Penn, a single camera comedy from 20th Century Fox TV, about a dysfunctional family that just happens to live at the most famous address in America.
The coveted project comes from Tony-nominated Book of Mormon star Josh Gad, former President Obama speechwriter Jon Lovett and Modern Family director Jason Winer, all of whom will serve as executive producers.
Lovett will bring his personal experience as the project’s writer, with Winer on board to direct.
1600 Penn marks Gad’s second project in development at NBC. The former Back to You star, who is currently filming Thanks for Sharing opposite Gwyneth Paltrow, is also writing a high-concept comedy about a family on the road.
Gad is repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners; Winer, who has directed episodes of New Girl and Apartment 23, is repped by ICM and Mosaic. Lovett is repped by CAA, Mosaic and Jeff Frankel of McKuin Frankel Whitehead.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day