- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At a Thursday press conference, the FBI special agent in charge of the Boston bureau revealed photos of two suspects sought in connection with the marathon bombing and urged the public and media to disseminate the official photos.
“Other photos should be deemed uncredible,” said the FBI’s Richard DesLauriers, who showed several pictures of what were deemed to be Suspect 1 and Suspect 2 at the marathon on Monday.
CNN, MSNBC and Fox News all carried online live streams of the conference.
“The nation is counting on those with information to come forward and provide it to us,” DesLauriers said, directing those with information to an FBI tip site. The suspects were described as potentially armed and dangerous.
“As you can see the quality of the photos is quite good,” DesLauriers said of the released photos, noting that only the official suspect photos should be circulated.
On Wednesday, after multiple news outlets reported false information of an arrest, the agency released a statement urging the media “to exercise caution” in reporting based on “unofficial sources.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day