- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bradley Cooper is still putting the finishing touches on his directorial debut — Warner Bros.’ A Star Is Born — but he has already set his sights on his next project. The Oscar nominee is attached to star as Leonard Bernstein in a biopic that Cooper will also direct.
Paramount and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin are behind the project about the legendary conductor and composer who created the scores for West Side Story and On the Waterfront.
Cooper will write the screenplay with Josh Singer, who shares writing credits on Amblin’s latest awards contender, The Post.
Cooper will also produce through his Joint Effort banner, along with Fred Berner, Amy Durning, Kristie Macosko Krieger, Martin Scorsese and Spielberg.
The news of this Bernstein biopic comes a little over a week after the announcement that Jake Gyllenhaal would star as the legendary composer in another biopic, The American, from director Cary Fukunaga. The project from Bron Studios is being shopped to buyers at Cannes by Sierra/Affinity and Endeavor Content.
Cooper, who is repped by CAA, is currently in theaters with Avengers: Infinity War, where he voices his Guardians of the Galaxy character, Rocket Racoon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day