- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bradley Cooper is getting pretty good at playing a tortured writer.
Though best known for his glib partier role in The Hangover franchise, Cooper returns to the shabby shoes of an unpublished novelist in the upcoming drama The Words. Cooper also played an unsuccessful scribe in 2011’s Limitless; in that film, he takes an experimental drug that turns him into a prolific genius and suffers the consequences, while in writer-directors Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal‘s new film, he plagarizes an old forgotten manuscript — and begins to suffer the consequences.
The film was the subject of a hot bidding war at Sundance, where it eventually went for $2 million with a $1.5 million P&A commitment.
Cooper will star this summer alongside Dax Shepard and Kristin Bell in Hit and Run, and will later be seen in director David O. Russell‘s The Silver Linings Playbook with Jennifer Lawrence. He will later feature with Lawrence in Serena.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day