- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new virtual reality experience based on author Brandon Sanderson’s best-selling fantasy series, The Stormlight Archive, is on the way.
The Way of Kings: Escape the Shattered Plains will be released on Steam for the HTC Vive on March 2. The interactive narrative, which is the first visual adaptation of Sanderson’s novels, will see fans journeying into the Cosmere universe as they wield magic, dodge crashing landscapes and battle against perilous magical creatures for survival.
The experience was designed by Arcturus, in partnership with DMG Entertainment. Destiny and Assassin’s Creed writer Joshua Rubin penned the script for Escape the Shattered Plains, which puts users in the shoes of Kaladin, a young man who is coming to terms with his magical powers as he enters the realm of Roshar, a mythical land where storms of incredible power sweep through the perilous and rocky terrain. With the help of Syl, a fairy-like guide, players will encounter an unrelenting tempest on the Shattered Plains, learn to harness the magical power of stormlight, and face off with mystical beasts and sinister Parshendi warriors.
The Way of Kings: Escape the Shattered Plains will be available on Viveport and Steam for HTC Vive for $10.99 on March 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day