- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BET’s popular scripted show The Game returns Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, and will debut a new face when it does: Brandy Norwood.
The R&B singer, who is best known for her UPN sitcom Moesha and the VH1 reality show she did with her brother, Brandy and Ray J: A Family Business, has signed on to play Chardonnay, a “sassy bartender” who will become a love interest for Coby Bell‘s Jason.
“’With ‘The Game,’ I’ve joined the talented cast of a smart and entertaining TV show and I get to work with the amazing [show creator] Mara Brock Akil,” Norwood said in a statement.
The new season will also see the return of PJ Byrne and Gabrielle Dennis, as well as guest stars including Shawn Marion, Estelle, Selita Ebanks, DeRay Davis, Nene Leakes, Rockmond Dunbar and Loretta Devine, among others.
Brandy is also currently working on a new album for RCA/Chameleon Records, due out next year. Norwood has been collaborating with super-producers Timbaland, Frank Ocean, Sean Garrett and Danja Hands as well as fellow R&B star Chris Brown.
“I’m surrounded by inspired writers and producers who believe in me as an artist and who want to bless the world with timeless music,” she said, adding, “Music gives my life a purpose and I’m thankful it lives in me.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood