- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bravo’s Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel is being investigated for alleged sexual assault in South Carolina, Charleston police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
An unidentified woman filed a report with the department on Monday in which she claimed she was sexually assaulted by the onetime politician and reality TV star.
According to the police report, the alleged assault took place the second week of January 2015. No additional information was released.
In 2007, Ravenel was the South Carolina state treasurer when he was arrested on federal charges of distribution of cocaine. He pleaded guilty, resigned and was sentenced to 10 months in prison.
He also made a failed run for U.S. Senate in 2014.
“Haymaker, the production company for Southern Charm, and Bravo take allegations like these very seriously,” Bravo said in a statement to THR. “Haymaker is conducting an investigation, and once all the information is gathered and carefully reviewed, appropriate action will be taken.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day