- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 27 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Brett Ratner and his RatPac Entertainment business partner, billionaire James Packer, are shepherding a few awards-season hopefuls (The Revenant, Black Mass and Truth) while also celebrating a different kind of accomplishment — one of the romantic kind.
Ratner confirms to THR that he played matchmaker to Packer and Mariah Carey, who have been dating since late summer.
“Mariah is one of my best friends. We are Aries brother and sister because our birthdays are a day apart. It’s hard for me to have best friends and not want to introduce them,” says Ratner. He adds that the pair are getting serious, confirming a TMZ report that they’ve decided to move in together.
“They’re going to be together for a while,” Ratner says.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day