- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brian Williams‘ daughter still believes that her dad can be trusted.
Allison Williams, who stars on HBO’s Girls, spoke to Seth Meyers in a Q&A at the 92nd Street Y in New York City on Wednesday and addressed the controversy surrounding her father. He has been suspended from the NBC Nightly News desk for six months without pay after he claimed that a helicopter he was riding in during the 2003 Iraq invasion took fire and went down.
“This has been a really hard time,” Allison said, according to CNN. “He’s a really good man. He’s an honest man. He’s a truthful man. He has so much integrity. He cares so much about journalism.”
“I know you can trust him because, as any good daughter does, I have tested him on that,” she told the crowd. “I can’t wait until he’s back on TV, and I know many of you guys feel that way.”
In the first week of Brian Williams’ suspension (Feb. 9-13), NBC Nightly News — with replacement host Lester Holt — is still garnering better ratings than ABC and CBS’ news programs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day