- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wendi McLendon-Covey has joined the cast of director Steven Soderbergh‘s next project, Magic Mike.
The drama, which is based on the teenage experiences of actor Channing Tatum, takes place in the world of male strippers. Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matt Bomer, Cody Horn, Riley Keough and comedian Gabriel Iglesias make up much of the main cast. The story follows a veteran stripper’s attempts to educate a rookie over a summer.
Tatum, Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and the film’s screenwriter, Reid Carolin, are producing.
McLendon-Covey, who is repped by John Carrabino Management, has appeared on CBS’s Rules of Engagement, Comedy Central’s Reno: 911 and Lifetime’s Lovespring International. In film, she most recently appeared in Bridesmaids, and she has upcoming roles in the indie comedy Sleeping Around and the Lionsgate ensemble comedy What to Expect When You’re Expecting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day