- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With 4.8 million rentals in just over four months, Bridesmaids is the No. 1 most-ordered VOD title of all time. According to Rentrak’s OnDemand Essentials, the acclaimed comedy has grossed more than $24 million to date through video-on-demand services alone.
Bridesmaids was one of Universal Pictures’ biggest hits of 2011 and the highest-grossing R-rated female comedy of all time, grossing more than $288 million at the worldwide box office during its theatrical run. In addition to more than $100 million in Blu-ray and DVD sales in the U.S., the film has grossed another $40 million domestically from a combination of Internet video on demand (iVOD), pay-per-view, hotel viewings and electronic sell through (EST) transactions.
Bridesmaids also was recognized by numerous critics associations and was named one of AFI’s Top Ten Films of 2011. The film most recently earned Academy Award nominations for Annie Mumulo and Kristen Wiig in the original screenplay category and Melissa McCarthy for best supporting actress.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day