- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One of the Bridesmaids stars is walking down the aisle.
Irish comedian Chris O’Dowd, 32, announced the news on his official Twitter account on Thursday. “I’m so bored of all this happiness and sex,” the actor wrote to his nearly 85,000 followers. “I’m getting married.”
His fiancee Dawn Porter, a British television personality, also announced the news the same day, referencing O’Dowd’s Twitter account: “I guess he liked it, coz he put a ring on it.” A few hours later, Porter later tweeted: “Dawn O’Bigboyler. It’s got a ring to it…”
The couple thanked everyone for their kind words shortly after.
O’Dowd wrote that he felt “the twitter love today. Very happy & lucky boy.” “All your congratulations tweets are getting me VERY excited. Thanks guys, so glad you can all make it to the wedding,” Porter wrote.
In Universal’s Bridesmaids, O’Dowd played police officer Nathan Rhodes, who romanced Annie Walker (Kristen Wiig). The big-screen comedy, nominated for two Golden Globe Awards, grossed $169.1 million at the domestic box office, according to Box Office Mojo.
He has also previously appeared in Dinner for Schmucks and TV series The IT Crowd and FM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day