- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Bridesmaids director Paul Feig is to receive the comedy director of the year award at the upcoming Just For Laughs festival, while The Hangover 2 star Ken Jeong will pick up the breakout comedy star of the year trophy at the Montreal yukfest.
Feig, who has seen the runaway hit comedy Bridesmaids take $153 million at the box office and pass Sex and the City to become the top grossing R-rated female comedy, will be honored at the Just For Laughs comedy conference on July 29.
The director of the Kristen Wiig-starring and Judd Apatow-produced Bridesmaids will also give a master class in Montreal.
And Jeong, who returned to play Mr. Chow in The Hangover 2, will get his due at Just For Laughs after becoming a series regular on Community, and starring in Transformers 3 and the upcoming pic The Zookeeper.
The Just For Laughs comedy conference, to run from July 28 to 30, has already announced that Louis CK will receive the comedy person of the year award, while Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd will receive a comedy writers of the year tribute.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day