- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 84th Academy Awards telecast just got an extra boost of female funny power.
The Academy announced that the cast of Bridesmaids has been added as presenters for the Oscars. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey will make their first Oscar show appearances on Sunday, Feb. 26.
McCarthy is also a nominee, receiving her first Oscar nomination for her supporting role in the comedy film. Star Kristen Wiig and co-writer Annie Mumolo are also nominated for best original screenplay.
Bridesmaids has already seen some success in the awards race, winning best comedy at the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards and favorite comedy movie from the People’s Choice Awards. The film was also nominated for nominations for best motion picture at the Golden Globes, and Wiig received a nom for best performance by an actress, motion picture comedy, at the Globes.
Billy Crystal will host the Oscars for the ninth time on Feb. 26. The full list of nominees was announced Tuesday, Jan. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day