- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bridesmaids director Paul Feig is in negotiations to come aboard Disney’s comedy fantasy Wish List.
Reese Witherspoon is attached to star in the project, which Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray of Mayhem Pictures are producing. The story centers on a career-oriented woman whose perfectly tailored life is thrown for a loop when all the wishes she made as a child are suddenly granted.
Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, the writers behind the international animation hit Kung Fu Panda 2, penned the script for the project, which initially was set up in 2001 as a vehicle for a male comedy star. Randi Mayem Singer wrote the draft that got Witherspoon attached.
Before Bridesmaids, Feig was best known for creating the short-lived but passionately loved TV show Freaks and Geeks. The 2011 Universal comedy starring Kristen Wiig made him an A-list comedy director, but while he’s attached himself to a couple of projects, he has yet to make another film.
Feig, repped by CAA and Sloane Offer, was scheduled to shoot a Bridget Jones sequel but left in the fall due to creative differences. He remains attached to a Universal rom-com titled The Better Woman.
It is unclear if Wish List, with Witherspoon attached and a studio hungry to get movies into production, will be his next movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day