- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film stars Reeves as a former hit man, who is forced to return to action after thugs steal his car and kill his dog. He finds himself going up against a Russian crime boss, played by Michael Nyqvist. The cast also includes Willem Dafoe, Alfie Allen, Adrianne Palicki and Dean Winters. Moynahan plays Reeves’ wife.
Wick is being directed by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch from a screenplay by Derek Kolstad. Producing are Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk and executive producer Peter Lawson with H & W Movie Partners’ Mike Witherill.
Second-unit directors and stunt coordinators, Stahelski and Leitch — who both worked with Reeves on The Matrix films, where Stahelski was Reeves’ stunt double — are making their feature directorial debut. The duo, repped by WME, first met with the producers about directing the picture’s second unit only to be offered the directorial reins.
Filming is slated to take place in and around New York City and the greater New York area.
Moynahan, repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, also has roles in the upcoming Small Time and Midnight Sun.
Lionsgate is handling international rights, and CAA is representing the film’s domestic rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day