- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alchemy has acquired the U.S. rights to the action thriller Free Fire.
Brie Larson and Armie Hammer star in the film, which takes place in the 1970s when a gang meeting in a warehouse turns into a game of survival.
Cillian Murphy, Jack Reynor and Sam Riley also star in the film directed by Ben Wheatley, who was recently at the Toronto Film Festival with his thriller High-Rise.
“Ben Wheatley is one of the most exciting directors currently working, and Free Fire is the film that’s going to make him a household name,” said Brooke Ford, Alchemy’s executive vp marketing, acquisitions and production.
Martin Scorsese executive produced the action-thriller along with Danny Perkins, David Kosse, Sam Lavender, Ben Roberts and Lizzie Francke.
Alchemy is planning a wide release for the film in 2016.
WME Global negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day