- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Britney Spears travelled to England to shoot the upcoming music video for her single Criminal and managed to outrage the local government while she was there.
The video, showing Spears and her fiance Jason Trawick robbing a store at gunpoint, offended members of the local council of the London borough where it was shot.
In a statement to the TV news program London Tonight, the Hackney Council said: “In this case we did not agree that a replica gun could be used at Stoke Newington Town Hall and we are disappointed. We will be raising this matter with the production company.”
Further, council member Ian Rathbone suggested to the website Digital Spy that Spears should apologize and “make a sizable donation to a Hackney charity that deals with young people.”
The U.K. government is particularly sensitive to media depictions of violence following the London rioting that took place in early August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day