- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spears’ father Jamie Spears has asked a court to have future son-in-law Trawick share legal control over his daughter’s general well-being but not her finances, People reports. That means Trawick, a talent manager and former agent, would oversee things like food, clothing and medical care.
Trawick, 40, and Spears, 30, got engaged in December while in Las Vegas. He would be the singer’s third husband; she was previously married to Kevin Federline and Jason Alexander for 55 hours.
The move also fueled speculation that a Spears-Trawick wedding may be in the near future.
“This is a very unusual situation, because generally you don’t see conservatees get married,” said probate attorney Jeffrey S. Cohen, who is not involved with the case. “This could be a sign that the couple’s wedding is around the corner.”
Spears’ father has served as conservator over his daughter and her fortune since February 2008, after she had a psychological breakdown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day