- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sunday night’s (Oct. 1) mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas put a temporary chill on the normally bustling town’s public face. The fear stoked by the senseless murder of 58 people and injuring of more than 500 by a crazed gunman has clearly sown some doubt among the city’s performers.
But on Thursday evening (Oct. 5), Britney Spears tweeted out a message of hope to assure fans that she will not be altering her performance plans and that she is confident hope will overcome fear. “We’ll get through this together,” she tweeted. “See you Wednesday #VegasStrong.” Spears will return to the stage on Oct. 11.
In the wake of the shooting, Jennifer Lopez postponed the Oct. 4, 6 and 7 shows on her All I Have residency. Spears is performing her Britney: Piece of Me residency show at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas through December.
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears) October 6, 2017
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day