- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Brits may soon be leaving Europe, but they got a lot of love in France on Tuesday at the International Emmy Kids Awards, which honor the best in children’s TV outside the U.S.
British shows took four of the seven honors, with Aardman Animation’s Shaun the Sheep winning for best animation, Studio AKA’s Hey Duggee taking best preschool series honors, Lion Television’s acclaimed sketch comedy show Horrible Histories winning for best factual program and Peter & Wendy, a retelling of the Peter Pan story from Headline Pictures and Juliette Films, taking the prize for best TV movie or miniseries.
But the top honor for best kids series went to a Dutch show — Casper and the Christmas Angels, produced by NL Film & TV and Avrotros. British TV was also beat out in the non-scripted entertainment category by Danish show Baking in the Dark, and the Emmy for best digital program went to Doodles, an Australian show from Ludo Studio in which animators bring children’s drawings to life.
The International Emmy Kids Awards were handed out in Cannes as part of the MIPTV market. They are the only Emmys presented outside the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day