- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s become quite trendy for celebrity offspring to appear in fashion campaigns — just yesterday the Penn children revealed a starring role in Fay’s new ads — but the eldest Beckham spawn, Brooklyn, isn’t one to follow trends.
Rather than put his pretty mug (which most recently starred in a music video) in front of the camera, the 16-year-old has chosen to lend his talents to Burberry as the photographer of the fashion house’s new Burberry Brit fragrance campaign, set in London.
The teen announced the news via — what else — Instagram on Friday morning, posting a photo of himself, camera in hand, with the caption, “Excited to photograph the @Burberry campaign tomorrow. Watch it live on their Instagram & Snapchat #THISISBRIT.”
Brooklyn has built quite the name for himself on the ‘gram over the past few years, sharing angsty black-and-white photos of himself and his photogenic family, as well as skate videos and inspirational quotes — typical teen stuff. But whatever he’s doing seems to be working, as he’s amassed 5.9 million followers.
The partnership makes sense given Burberry and the Beckhams‘ long-standing relationship. Second-born son Romeo starred in the brand’s campaign in 2012, and the whole brood sat front row at Burberry’s L.A. show last spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day