- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
From Harry Styles’ shoulder-skimming locks to Justin Bieber’s (albeit short-lived) purple ‘do, there’s no shortage of men’s hair inspo floating about these days. But what gets our vote is Brooklyn Beckham’s loose man braid, which Posh and Becks’ eldest offspring debuted to his 5.9 million Instagram followers on Wednesday.
Read more This Is How Cate Blanchett’s ‘Carol’ Coat Came Together (And Fell Apart)
Men’s braids are hardly a new phenomenon — guys of color have always rocked cornrows — but in the waning age of the man bun, dude’s plaits are enjoying a new revival on the runway and red carpet (anyone remember Jared Leto’s plait at the 2015 Golden Globes, or True Detective‘s Cary Joji Fukunaga accepting an Emmy for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series wearing pigtails in 2014?). Brooklyn, 16, brings his own version of the style to the table with a short and sweet French braid running down the middle of his head.
Dad David Beckham (whose mother was a hairdresser) has had his own adventures in hairstyles over the years, from buzzcuts to mohawks. Looks like Brooklyn may be following in his dad’s well-coiffed steps.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day