- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bruce Perlmutter is out as senior vp news and online for E! Entertainment, a network spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The rep describes Perlutter’s exit as a “mutual decision” and says he will officially leave the NBC Universal-owned network some time in August. The spokesperson adds that no replacement has been named.
Perlmutter has been running Los Angeles-based E! News across all of the network’s platforms, including the E! News show E! News Now and its E! Online web presence.
Bonnie Hammer, now chairman of NBCUniversal Cable Group, was given oversight of Comcast-owned E! when Comcast took control of NBCU in 2011. Lisa Berger, president of entertainment programming at the network, stepped down in January. E! is currently run by president Suzanne Kolb.
A veteran news executive with experience at MSNBC, CNN and Fox Business, Perlmutter jointed E! in March 2010 to run day-to-day news operations and oversee all news gathering.
Perlmutter also is a professor for Syracuse University teaching in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day