- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Nov. 30 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
It’s clear that David Geffen’s the boss from the PBS American Masters documentary Inventing David Geffen: The man invented modern moguldom.
But at the L.A. premiere Nov. 13 at the Writers Guild Theater, hosted by Cher, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, there was another boss present: Bruce Springsteen.
Organizers tell THR he was “a walk-in.” When a well-wisher congratulated him on helping to re-elect President Obama, Springsteen actually blushed.
“I only had a little, little bit to do with it,” he tells THR.
Meanwhile, at a Spago dinner afterward, some feelings were hurt when organizers apparently kept some of Geffen’s pals off the list.
Geffen himself arrived with date Oprah Winfrey and claimed to have nothing to do with the dinner guest list.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day