- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will play an intimate concert on March 15 at the South by Southwest Media Conference and Festival, the annual gathering of music, film and tech industry professionals.
The festival, dubbed SXSW, announced the much-rumored show on its website. A ticket drawing will determine who’s admitted into the yet-to-be-named “intimate” venue.
All the way back in December, Springstreen was added to the lineup as a keynote speaker, scheduled to take the stage on the 15th — which just so happens to be the same day as his concert — at the Austin Convention Center, where SXSW hosts dozens of panels, a trade show and performances.
Past keynote alums include Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Lucinda Williams, Robert Plant, Pete Townshend, Smokey Robinson and Neil Young.
Springsteen’s latest album, Wrecking Ball, will be released March 6. Along with E Street, he’ll embark on a world tour beginning March 18 in Atlanta.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day