- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to the designer, whose Hollywood fans include Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba and Gwyneth Paltrow, it’s a new fabric made of 100 percent cashmere. It uses a special technology that involves fraying the cashmere yarn and leaving it open during weaving for a teddy bear-like effect. The material is then put through a drying process to make it even softer and overall fuzzy-wuzzy. The results? Weekend-ready hoodies, coats and cardigans that look and feel like your favorite stuffed toy.
“I love for a woman to feel elegant, luxurious and comfortable — the newest cashmere in the collection has an ultra-luxe feel with the ‘teddy bear’ finish making it cozy and playful. The looks can transition from gym to dinner for active days,” says Cucinelli.
The plush pieces are already in stores. And, with prices ranging from $3,245 to $3,620 it’s safe to say — not your average bear.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day