- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Burberry may have its roots in 1856 London, but the brand is making sure it’s living firmly in 2015, especially when it comes to its social media presence. The Brit brand just joined Snapchat in an effort to make its L.A. grand opening party a global affair.
See more See What the Stars Wore at Coachella
Though the Rodeo Drive flagship boutique actually opened in Beverly Hills months ago, the company is just now getting around to feting it with an exclusive “London in Los Angeles” bash, hosted by chief creative and CEO Christopher Bailey at the Griffith Observatory on April 16. Leading up to the event, Burberry will be adding behind-the-scenes teasers to its Snapchat story.
Of course, this is just the latest way the fashion house, best known for its iconic trench coats, is staying modern. It was the first to live-stream a runway show and offer e-commerce direct from the catwalk, and this store features a high-tech “retail theater” concept comprising of 10 video screens and 130 speakers, while sales associates are each armed with iPads for mobile checkout and extra-personalized service.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day