- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
His roster includes high-profile directors Jon Favreau, Gore Verbinski, Zhang Yimou and John Woo, as well as Asian superstar Donnie Yen, soon to be seen in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. It’s unclear at this time which clients will follow Baumgarten to his new agency. Before his 12 years at CAA, he spent six years as an agent at Endeavor.
“Spencer is an exceptional agent who’s passionate about his role in guiding the careers of his clients,” the ICM partners said in a joint statement. “He is highly regarded in the entertainment community and will be a great addition to our partnership.”
Baumgarten is the latest of several CAA agent exits over the past month. Comedy rep Luke Esselen took a producing role at Funny or Die last week, while over the course of three days in October, Kim Hodgert and Kami-Putnam Heist became managers at Anonymous Content, motion picture literary agent Craig Brody joined The Shuman Company to lead the management firm’s feature department and TV talent agent Sean Grumman left for rival WME, taking with him a client list that includes Milo Ventimiglia, Lee Pace, Ballers‘ Troy Garity and True Blood alum Ryan Kwanten.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day